Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Vision


A cloud builds up
And my vision is blurred,
My eyes do not see past the fog
That this jealousy has stirred.

My brain lashes thoughts
I would die to let loose,
But this tongue is a sword
And would be of no good use.

Blinded thoughts are quick
Without any grounding,
Take a minute to breath
Take in my surroundings.

Let this artificial anger pass
Before I speak how I feel,
Because words spoken out of fury
Leave a permanent seal.

When the fog clears,
And my vision is regained,
One thing I realize,
Those thoughts were deranged.

I don’t have to stress
And waste such precious life on worries,
Because the people who love you
Will prove you wrong in your fury.

By Erika Elston

1 comment:

  1. Terrific, a poet in our midst...deep thoughts well said. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete